2022 NASPAA Wilder School presentations
September 28, 2022
Wilder School faculty and staff—including Wilder School Dean and Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA) President Susan Gooden, Ph.D.— will offer nearly a dozen presentations, panels, and charrettes during the 2022 NASPAA Conference. The conference is the signature annual event of NASPAA, the preeminent organization of institutions dedicated to public policy and public affairs education, which includes 327 institutional members and universities across the globe. In addition to serving as the leading accreditor of master’s degree programs in public affairs, the network advocates for public service education in the policy and political spheres.
The 2022 NASPAA Conference, is the first such in-person event to be held in more than two years and will be held at the JW Marriott in Chicago, ILL Oct. 19-21. As an official Gold Sponsor of the conference, the Wilder School is the sole underwriter of the Phi Alpha Alpha Luncheon to be held on Friday, Oct. 21. The luncheon will feature a panel honoring the late Nadia Rubaii, Ph.D., beloved former NASPAA president and COPRA chair.
Additionally, the Wilder School’s own Shajuana Isom-Payne, Associate Dean of Student Success, will be recognized as the inaugural recipient of the network’s Professional Staff Award on Thursday, Oct. 20. Late last week it was announced that Senior Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs RaJade M. Berry-James will join the 2022 ballot as a vice presidential nominee for the network. The vote will be executed during a business meeting of national membership to be held on Friday, Oct. 21.
Below is the list of NASPAA presentations from participating Wilder School faculty and staff:
Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2022
- Anthony Starke – “Aligning Pedagogical Content and Practice: Institutionalizing Social Equity in our Classrooms”
Thursday, Oct. 20, 2022
- Curtis Brown and Brie Haupt – “Teaching Cultural Competence and Social Justice in Emergency Management and Homeland Security Programs”
- Myung Jin – “Faculties of Color Teaching White Classrooms”
- Blue Wooldridge - “Successfully Recruiting and Mentoring a Diverse Faculty”
- Elsie Harper-Anderson – “Pracademia – Connecting the Academy to Professional Practice and Social Change”
- Shajuana Isom-Payne – “Data Driven Decision Making - Career Services”
- Susan Gooden – “Remembering Nadia Rubaii”
- Susan Gooden – “Diversifying Leadership in Our Schools of Public Service: A Collaborative and Data-based Approach”
Friday, Oct. 21, 2022
- RaJade M. Berry-James – “Reconsidering Assumptions and Approaches to Employed Part-time Masters and PhD Student
- Susan Gooden – “Developing Anti-racist Organizations: Leading the Next Generation of Change in Public Administration and Policy Schools"